This project is expected to take roughly six months to complete – from June to the end of 2017. Beyond that, the City will be focused on implementing action-items that arise through the community dialogue. Please read through each of the project phases in the tabs below.
June – August
- Identify downtown strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify challenges and opportunities in the downtown.
- Identify community aspirations for the downtown.
- Develop goals for the downtown that respond to aspirations for the downtown, as well as challenges and opportunities.
August – September
- Identify strategies for achieving our goals for the downtown.
September – November
- Develop design solutions for downtown.
- Identify implementation actions tailored to our community.
- Prepare the action plan.
- Align policies and financial resources.
- Discuss on-going community stewardship.